My First Edit to a Chromium Extension

Feedly just today came out with a Pro version with support for https support! Unfortunately, the one extension I rely on, FeedlyBackgroundTab hard-codes the URL to The required code change is trivial, just updating the list of allowed websites in the manifest file. To install it though, I wasn’t sure what to expect. First I tried just editing the file directly in my “~/.config/chromium” directory. That ended up not being successful. But then I noticed the little “Developer Mode” checkbox in the Chrome extensions page. Lo and behold, it can load unpacked extensions, or pack them for you!

Now if only the Omnibar would learn some awesomeness from the Awesome bar and I would all be set.