Now that the quad A1 has been running faster, it has started “running” through its ad-hoc cable management too. After replacing a harness for the nth time, I decided to actually design something rather than just keep re-building over and over again.
My current best effort uses semi-flexible nylon split conduit, captured in 3d printed forms at each joint. Inside that conduit is basically the same harness I had before, with the cables selected to be more robust to repetitive motion. The nylon conduit is only semi-flexible, so it enforces a relatively large minimum bending radius on the wires within, while still sticking to the black quad A1 color motif.
To verify this would be at least a minimal step up, I ran some endurance testing with around 100,000 cycles of the leg moving. With no degradation of the cables in that window, I’m calling this good enough for this iteration of improvement.