Updated web UI

I first wrote about the very very simple web UI for the quad A1 some time ago. That UI served its purpose, although it was largely inscrutable to anyone but myself, as the primary data display was a giant wall of unformatted JSON which filled most of the page. It was also pretty easy to accidentally pick the wrong mode, cause the robot to jump instead of walk, or cut power to everything.

In advance of some wider testing, I went ahead and made the first revision to this now. It has the same basic structure as before, in that the robot serves up one each of an html/css/js file, and provides a websocket interface for ongoing command and control. The change here is just that the html and javascript are even minimally usable:

Clearly I’m not going to win any design awards… but since all the styling is done with CSS, it should be not too hard to make something that looks arbitrarily nice without a whole lot of effort. As a bonus, I also added some minimal keyboard bindings for movement, so the joystick isn’t required if you don’t care about precise or aggressive maneuvers.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s