Developing the moteus brushless servo controller has been a very long journey, and while it isn’t over yet I have a reached a significant milestone. The first batch of production moteus controllers are now available for general purchase at shop.mjbots.com and shipment worldwide for $119 USD each!
I’ll repeat some of the specifications here:
- 3 phase brushless FOC control
- 170 MHz 32bit STM32G4 microprocessor
- Voltage: 12-34V
- Peak phase current: 60A
- Dimensions: 46x53mm – CAD drawing in github
- Mass: 14.2g
- Communications: 5Mbps CAN-FD
- Control rate: 40kHz
- Open source firmware: https://github.com/mjbots/moteus
Simultaneously, I’ve got development kits available that give you everything you need to start developing software for the moteus controller out of the box: moteus r4.3 developer kit
Many thanks for all the feedback from the beta testers who have been experimenting with the r4.2 version!