Building the quad A1

Now that I have a bunch of the mk2 servos set and ready to go, a new leg design, a new power distribution board to power them, and a raspberry pi3 hat to communicate with them, I built a new quadruped!  I’m calling this the mjbots quad A1, since basically everything is upgraded.

dsc_0362

After I initially assembled the new legs onto the chassis, I realized I had the geometry slightly off and there was some interference through part of the shoulder rotation.  I made up new printed parts and replaced everything in front of the camera.  Thus, watch some high speed robot surgery:

The quad A1’s first job is to validate the new moteus controller in the quadrupedal configuration, after which I’ll use it as the primary development platform to get all my gait work done.

 

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s