After CADing up the second revision of the chassis, I set to work with the 3d printer and printed up all the pieces.
There were a few minor post-modifications I had to make, which were all much faster than printing the pieces again. All the holes for M3 bolts were slightly undersized, so I drilled them out. The battery holder had a channel to let the power wires out, which inexplicably terminated before reaching the edge of the holder. I also had to install all the heat set inserts.
I did attempt something new, which was to post-process the printing by smoothing out a corner by sanding. An experiment it was. I spent about 2 hours on it, of which 45 minutes was on the coarsest paper I had, about 80 grit. I eventually gave up on that coarsest grit and started moving on, so there are still a few blemishes in the final result.
Needless to say, until I get really bored, I probably won’t spend the full day required to do the other 3 corners of the chassis using this method.
There are a few other minor changes I’ll make before installing legs, which will be the next step!