Lateral servo gearbox build(s)

After completing one gearbox, I needed to build at least 4 more of them to replace the lateral servos on Super Mega Microbot (2).  So, I got to work.  First, I disassembled 5 more BE8108 motors.

dsc_2140

Then, I drilled out the rotors, this time using the mill at AA.

dsc_2145

Next I removed the stators from their backing.  This was painful enough last time, that I tried a new technique using the mill to do most of the work.  Unfortunately, one of the stators was critically damaged during my initial experimentation.  So, now down to 4 survivors.

4 good stators, one casualty, and their detritus
4 good stators, one casualty, and some detritus

I went and printed 5 copies of all the printed parts:

dsc_2146

And turned down some more internal gears:

dsc_2147

Then, I started assembling!

All the parts laid out
All the parts laid out for one servo
dsc_2173
Inserts in back plate
dsc_2174
Output bearing and internal gear installed
dsc_2177
Outer housing fastened
dsc_2182
Output shaft bearing installed in planet output
dsc_2185
Planet output in front housing
dsc_2189
Sun gear in holder, mounted on rotor
dsc_2191
Planets assembled with spacer and bearing
dsc_2193
Input bearing pressed into planet input
dsc_2197
Planets and shafts in planet output
dsc_2204
Planet input and stator installed
dsc_2206
Rotor installed
dsc_2209
Back housing test fit
Repeated 3 more times!
Repeat until I have 4!

 

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s