Assembling individual actuators

Now that I have all the parts in hand, and all the controllers populated, it is time to start the big build!

First up was installing magnets on all the motors:

Motors with magnets attached

Next up is mounting the motors into the brackets:

Motors mounted in brackets
Motors mounted in brackets

Then I soldered the phase wires onto each of the motors, including shortening the BE8108 wires:

Controllers soldered to motors
Half the controllers soldered to motors

After that was thermal pasting and bolting the controllers to the brackets.  The BE8108’s I got for this run were slightly different, and required more spacing of the sensing magnet.  Thus I ended up using two heatsink plates back to back.  At this point I powered, flashed, and calibrated each of the motors.


Next up, the remainder of the leg hardware!


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s